Explore Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Providenciales, commonly known as “Provo,” is the most developed island in Turks and Caicos. The 38-square-mile Caribbean island, which is slightly larger than Manhattan, has earned international acclaim for its uncrowded beaches, inviting seas and legendary water sports.
Located on the western end of Turks and Caicos Islands, Providenciales is home to:
- An 18-hole golf course
- Grace Bay, the No. 1 beach in the world
- Numerous restaurants and shops
- Providenciales International Airport
- Three marinas
The sea is the true treasure on Providenciales, providing world-class scuba diving, snorkeling, fishing and kiteboarding.
- Caicos Bank, which faces the south coast, is a shallow sea with an abundance of marine life, including conch, spiny lobster, dolphins and humpback whales.
- Chalk Sound, on the island’s south side, is a large lake with striking turquoise water and small cays frequented by wild pink flamingos.
- The south side also is home to Sapodilla Bay, Copper Jack, Discovery Bay, Turtle Tail and Long Bay — with its world-class kite boarding.